Child Citizenship Act

Dallas Child Citizenship Lawyer

There are citizenship options available to individuals who have parents or grandparents who are or were U.S. citizens. At Roy Petty & Associates, PLLC, we learn the details of your birth and heritage to determine your citizenship. Our highly knowledgeable team is equipped to quickly find facts that work to your favor.

Many people are U.S. citizens without even knowing it. If you were born outside the U.S. and one or both of your parents were U.S. citizens when you were born, you may have derived citizenship through the parent or parents. There are additional requirements depending upon your parent’s presence in the United States and the time of your parent’s marriage. Some individuals may even claim citizenship through a grandparent.

Am I A Citizen?

Since February 27, 2001, certain individuals who immigrated to the U.S. on permanent visas and who resided with a citizen parent prior to their eighteenth birthday may also have automatically acquired citizenship. The child:

  • Must be under 18 years of age.
  • Must have at least one parent who is a US citizen.
  • Must reside permanently in the United States in the legal and physical custody of the U.S. citizen parent.
  • Must have been admitted to the United States as a lawful permanent resident.

This process can be highly complex, requiring knowledgeable guidance and direction. We provide personalized and experienced representation through this process, ensuring that all details are accounted for.